Lighted Landings lighted newel posts are created by hand in the USA using old world charm with a modern twist. Lighted newels have been around for quite some time, as people figured out the importance and charm of lighting at the main point of the stairs. Typically they were constructed of spelter metal, and adorned with bronze statues atop as finials. Very early on the lighted portion burned paraffin or oil. When kerosene became widely popular, newels adapted to this technology, and the gas lit type offered many oppurtunities for adorning the physical post, as well as the area of the post emitting light. As technology changes once again, the gas portion was swapped out faily easy for electric after the light bulb was invented.
Quality and safey is the most important aspect at Lighted Landings. We strive to use all American manufactured materials to produce our products. We have been featured in Homer Awards, Parade of Homes, but the best thing we have recieved is praise from customers that use our products. And the many builders that continue to use Lighted Landings in their new home construction.
- Lighted Landings is manufacturers in Chesterfield, MO using American made materials.
- 12-Volt system safely lights the most common area in the home for accidents
- Decorative shades can add a soft, warm glow to your home, or can feature various colors which are easily changed
- Available in northern Red Oak, Hard Maple, American Cherry from Pennslyvania, and Paint grade poplar.
- 48", 56", and 74" lengths standard
- Available in 3-1/2" and 4-1/4" square sizes for standard or a grand sized newel
Be the first to review this product.
- 14.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout